California Whitewater Rafting — AMERICAN RIVER RAFTING TRIPS — If you’ve been thinking about a white water rafting trip on the American River, but are new to river rafting, you may be confused by the class designations of the rivers and the rapids. Here is an easy chart to reference so you will know what people are talking about when they talk about various classes of rapids:
- Class I – these rapids have no serious obstacles and only small waves.
- Class II – these are moderate rapids that have clear passage through them. You will need experience and a suitable boat to get through safely.
- Class III – these rapids have high waves, rocks, and other obstacles in them. These Rapids take an experienced guide and a good boat to navigate.
- Class IV – these rapids are long and difficult, require scouting, a high level of experience, and precise maneuvers to make it through safely.
- Class V – these are rapids with many obstructions, are long, and have potentially steep drops and strong currents. It is recommended that only extremely experienced guides with the proper equipment attempt Class V rapids.
The guides at Adventure Connection are highly experienced and knowledgeable about the river, and have been leading trips here for over 25 years. With an exceptional safety record and years of experience, you can count on them to get you through any of their trips safely and with a lot of fun. Adventure Connection has river rafting trips from Class III and up, and has the perfect trip for you.