- Daily symptom screening.
- Assign workstations that are 6’ apart for indoor employees.
- Frequent hand washing throughout the day and access to hand sanitizer.
- Employees will be updated daily of any new protocols as conditions change.
- Raft California will provide PPE for all employees to use if they wish.
- All employees are required to not come to work if they feel sick.
- All employees must notify management if they have come in contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19. That employee will be removed from work for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Encourage employees and patrons to wear face coverings that covers the nose and mouth at all times when in the facility. Provide such face coverings to employees if needed.
Guest Check-in Process
- Raft California will provide a no contact check-in for guests when possible with digital waivers when appropriate to eliminate contact.
- Signage will display procedures to explain the movement of guests through our facilities.
- Occupancy will be managed by staff.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all locations.
- All restrooms, touch screens, changing rooms, handles and high contact areas will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals.
- Trip sizes will be reduced to maintain proper social distancing.
- All guests are encouraged to bring their own drinks in individual containers including water, pop, Gatorade, etc.
- All guests are encouraged to bring their own snacks/food in individual containers to be enjoyed before or after the trip.
- You are welcome to request your own raft, and we will do our best to accommodate. Please discuss this with our staff prior to booking.
- Guides are wearing masks and gloves when preparing food
- Guests will be washing hands (or using sanitizer if hand washing station is not viable) & to wear a mask when getting food
- Raft California will follow all local public transportation guidelines in regards to vehicles and shuttles.
- Seating will be marked and spaced for appropriate social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be offered upon entry to the vehicle.
- Loading will start at the back and move forward. Disembarking will be the opposite.
- All passengers MUST wear face coverings.
- All surfaces including seats, windows and railings will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Each Family will be given a brand new plastic ziplock style bag for their keys and masks if they choose to wear them on our shuttle. These will be placed into a basket in the vehicle and given back to you at the end of the trip.
- Guests will be seated with proper social distancing in mind.
- All tables will be sanitized at regular intervals.
- Canvas Tents will be cleaned and sanitized after every check out.
- Bathrooms are cleaned ongoing thru out the day, in accordance with traffic and use.
- All rafting equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after every trip. This includes life jackets, wetsuits, helmets, splash jackets, paddles and boats.
- PFD’s, helmets and paddles will be disinfected using the manufacturer recommended method (https://dh36nblqpps8a.cloudfront.net/assets/pdf/nrs-coronavirus-cleaning-may-2020-2.pdf)
- All gear will be taken out of rotation for a minimum of 72 hours between use.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- All cleaning and sanitizing will be done using procedures and products verified by the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer will be available where hand washing may not be.