Raft California will provide the following gear/items for all our rafting trips:
We urge you to leave your valuables at home. If you wish to bring a camera, please provide a case (preferably waterproof). Waterproof, disposable cameras are available for purchase at our Camp Store. However, it will not be possible to photograph during rapids.
Professional photographers are positioned along the banks taking photos of us running the rapids. These photos are available for sale at the end of the trip and the companies are in no way associated with Raft California.
Extra money may be needed for meals en route to and from you trip, for souvenir T-shirts and photographs or a guide tip.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Tent – optional
- Ground cloth
- Flashlight w/ extra batteries
- Insect repellent
- Personal toiletries
- Light jacket/sweater
- Long pants
- Dry shoes or sandals
- Fishing gear/license – optional
- Spirits (in moderation) – optional
- Musical instrument – optional
- Camp Chair – optional
- Dry Bags – for tents, sleeping bags, clothing (we suggest putting in a duffel bag for easy packing)
- Sleeping bag & pad for each guest – you are welcome to bring your own
- Tent rentals are available, please note tents over 8×8 are too large for most our wilderness style trips
* Camping gear is not included with our overnight river trips. Rentals/purchased gear is typically available within 24-48 hours of your trip departure.
We recommend cool weather clothing (as a precaution) for the months of April, May, and October and for days anytime during the season where rain or cool weather is a possibility. Please avoid wearing cotton since once wet this will just make you cold and wear quick drying materials such as poly-pro. We recommend that you bring the following attire for cold weather white water rafting:
- Wool Socks
- Wool gloves